Friday, April 21, 2006

Sad day:(

Today was a sad day for mommy. On our way to Target, she saw some mail trucks pulled off on the side of the road. She realized that it was for Pfc. James F. Costello III, an Oakville HS graduate who died over in Iraq. And even though Mommy didn't know him, she pulled off into a parking lot and took me out of my carseat so we could watch the funeral processional. There were lots of people driving by. Some smiled and waved at me but I know mommy was sad. There were two girls waving an American flag and some other people holding a flag up. Mommy gave me a big hug and told me that she hopes that I will never be forced into the armed services. She also told me how much she loves me. It was neat seeing all the motorcycles going by. Mommy said that they were all veterans of wars and they were paying their respect to Pfc. James F. Costello III.I hope that I never am forced to go to war. I can't imagine mommy and daddy being so sad.OUT

No comments: