Monday, May 01, 2006

One big BLOG for May

Since mommy is updating this blog with everything from my first website, she is getting tired of copying and pasting everything so this is going to be one long blog for the month of May.

Not much happening
Date: 5/4/2006

Not much has been happening lately. Mommy had an interview for a new job last week. I know that she would really like this job, but that means that I won't get to spend as much time with her as I do now, and I don't know if I like that idea. I like having mommy home with me.Over the weekend, mommy and daddy took me to my first bookfair. It was really fun. Mommy bought me some more books to read. I really like them.On Tuesday, mommy and I met up with my friend Tyler and his mommy and we went to the park. It was so nice being outside. We went to Laumeier Sculpture Park. The sculptures were interesting but I'm not so sure I understand them though.I have started sleeping more. Mommy and daddy are so happy. After going to bed around 8:30, I'm waking up at 1ish to eat and then again at 4ish, but I don't want to eat then, I just want mommy and daddy close by. I'm also taking longer naps during the day so mommy is able to get things done in the house. I like when I sleep good because then I'm in such a good mood when I wake up.I'm ready to play with some of my toys, so I'm OUT!

4 month old checkup=more shots!
Date: 5/11/2006

I am back from my four month old checkup and according to the PNP, I am doing great. Even though I am fighting a little cold, I was all smiles for everyone in the office. I even blew raspberries at the nurse while she was getting everything for my shots ready...I was hoping to distract her so she would forget about giving me those awful shots, but it didn't work! I was of course not too thrilled about getting the shots, but stopped crying as soon as mommy picked me up. I promptly fell asleep in the car on the way home. What a rough morning for a 4 month old!

My 4 month stats:
Length: 27 1/2inches
Weight: 17 pounds 7 1/2 ozs

Mommy says, "My LITTLE BOY is NOT so little anymore. "

First Mother's Day

Date: 5/14/2006

Today is mommy's first mother's day. Daddy and I bought mommy a calla lilly plant that we can plant outside. Mommy really likes it. She even got tears in her eyes when she saw it. We went to church with grandma today. I like going to church and seeing all my friends. I love smiling at everyone too! :) After my nap, we are going to go to the Cheesecake Factory since Mommy and Daddy were going to go before I was born but they didn't since I decided to come early. I can't wait. I'm going to be on my best behavior so mommy and daddy will take me again someday.Well that's all for now. I'll write more later.OUT

Day after Mother's Day

Date: 5/16/2006

Well, we went to the Cheesecake Factory yesterday. I was good for the most part although towards the end, I started to get tired and cranky, but once mommy took me outside to look at everyone, I was happy. I fell asleep and slept until mommy and daddy took me to Cold Stone Creamery for dessert. Mommy sat in the backseat with me one the way home from there and I slept the rest of the way home.On Monday, Mommy took me to see her students. I wasn't too happy about that although as long as mommy was moving and people were paying attention to me, I was fine. I didn't like it when they stopped. After that, we went and picked up my pictures so mommy could mail them to Grandma Carol, Nicole and Greatgrandma. I hope that they like them.When we got home, I helped mommy make dinner for daddy and then I had some green beans for dinner. I like putting my hand in my mouth after eating them and getting them everywhere. Mommy had to give me a bath because I was so messy.Well that was my day... I hope you had a good day. OUT

Mommy's induction

Date: 5/17/2006

Tonight I went with mommy and daddy to mommy's induction into Sigma Theta Tau, the international nursing honor society. I was sad that mommy couldn't sit with us so I cried until daddy took me out. Once I saw mommy after the ceremony, I was a little bit happier. I met a little girl who tried to give me some pretzels, but daddy wouldn't let me have any. :( Doesn't he know that I am ready to eat the same food that he and mommy eat...I don't care that I don't have teeth yet. Mommy said that soon I will be able to eat regular food and I can't wait.Well I'm sleepy, so OUT

Mommy and Daddy's anniversary weekend

Date: 5/21/2006

Mommy and Daddy have been married for 2 whole years! I can't believe it. That seems like a really long time to me.Daddy took a 4 day weekend and we have had fun. On Friday, we let mommy sleep in and daddy and I played until I got hungry and I woke mommy up. Then after mommy, daddy and I played for awhile, we took grandma to the eye doctor. It really wasn't very exciting. On Saturday, mommy left me home with daddy while she went and got pretty. She's always pretty to me, but she got really pretty. Then mommy, daddy and I went to the mall so daddy could buy an anniversary card for mommy. Mommy ended up not having to work, so I got to play with her until bedtime.On Sunday, we all went to church and then to brunch. After running home, we went to Art on the Square. I really liked seeing all the people and the pretty artwork. I didn't like it when mommy and daddy took me to the main stage. It was loud with people singing and playing instruments.I think mommy and daddy got lost on the way home, but I slept most of the time. Aunt Tab came over and we watched mommy and daddy's wedding video. I really liked listening to the music and seeing mommy and daddy on TV. After Aunt Tab left, mommy fed me some peas. I really really liked them. Mommy said she will help me put pictures of me eating the peas in my photo album soon. Well so far that's it...so I'm OUT.

Discoveries

Date: 5/26/2006

Did you know that we have 2 dogs? They are funny. They let me pet them as long as I don't pull their tails. They like to lick my fingers and toes. I think it is pretty funny but daddy yells at them to stop.Did you know that I have 2 feet? I like to lay on my back and play with my toes. I have even held onto them while rolling around on the floor.Did you know that I like to stand up? I'm so glad that Aunt Renee and Uncle Brad gave me the ExerSaucer. I love when I get to stand in it and play with all the fun toys. Mommy puts toys on it and I like to throw them on the floor.Did you know I like to throw? The other night daddy was holding me and I took Eeyore (my pacifer) and threw it across the living room. I also like to throw my frog rattle on the floor. Maybe I'll be a baseball pitcher when I'm bigger and make mommy and daddy lots of money.Mommy says today that we are going to see my friend Luke. I can't wait. I haven't seen him in a long time. I can't wait to show him my toes.OUT

Busy holiday weekend--and I'm 5 months old!!!

Date: 5/29/2006

I need a break! I had a very very busy weekend. It all started on Friday when mommy and I had lunch with Jenn and Luke. Then Friday evening, we had dinner with Steve's co workers. On Saturday, Aunt Tab came over for a little bit while mommy and daddy cleaned out the garage and got ready for the BBQ. I had fun playing with Aunt Tab, but she wore me out. I even laughed at her while she was playing with the tape measure. Sunday, we all got up early and picked up grandma and went to church. It was my friend, Aiden's last day at church. He's moving to Bloomington, IL. I'm going to miss talking to him at church. Mommy and Daddy says that we are going to try and visit in July. After church, we dropped grandma off at her house and we came home and got ready for my first BBQ.I had so much fun at the BBQ, that I hope mommy and daddy have one again. I got to see my friends, Marc and Luke. Marc and Luke really liked my exersaucer but I'm not so sure I like sharing it with them. I watched them the whole time they were in it. I didn't want to take a nap because I was afraid I was going to miss something, so I slept all through the night for mommy and daddy.On Monday, we went to the Greek Festival. It was fun but I really wanted some of mommy's food. Her salad and pastitsmo looked really good. I tried to get some of her baklava sundae but she wiped my hands off. I was hoping that after I stuck my hand in it, she would let me put it in my mouth....but she didn't. :(I don't like taking naps anymore even though I get really cranky when I don't sleep. There is so much to discover that I don't want to miss one second of it.My new discovery this weekend was that my toes taste good. I got them in my mouth this weekend and they were pretty tasty. Mommy just laughed when she saw me so I guess it is ok that I do it.Well I'm sleepy, so OUT.PS stay tuned for more pictures and my new measurements.

No comments: